- I am a proud wife and Mother to an amazing 16 month old boy, named Max.
- I work full-time in the Human Services field; my "title" is Job Development Team Leader. Fancy title but what I do is assist people of varying abilities attain and retain employment, I also lead a team of 6 Employment Consultants. I LOVE my job! Really, I do...I know you often hear people say that, but I cannot rave enough. I have found a career that fulfills me emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially. My job also gives me enough flexibility to be a full-time working Mom.
- I have everything I could ever have asked for...which brings me to why I named this blog "The Grass is Greener". I truly feel like I live the dream. Prior to meeting my Husband, Chris I dated a guy who will remain nameless who did not satisfy me in any way. I stayed in that relationship because I was comfortable, after all we were together since High School. I thought I knew what security and safety was...I thought I was happy, that he was "good" enough for me. We separated in February of 2003; I did a lot, A LOT of soul searching but out of nowhere I stumbled upon my Husband. I was done "looking" for Mr. Right, content being single, working my butt off and living alone. I got to the point where I just didn't care to look...well at least for awhile. The love, commitment ,loyalty and understanding that we share together is one out of a book. He truly is my everything, perfect for me in so many ways. We are polar opposites, but we fit; we really fit. I hope he stumbles upon this some day to see how I feel because I know I do not tell him enough. My last relationship pretty much soured me towards affection to the point where I am numb at times. Chris has opened me up just enough and I hope over time I continue to open up and let loose a little; I have no doubt I will. Every day I am more comfortable in my own skin...
- My 16 month old baby boy Max is my entire world. I did not know what true, unconditional love was until the day I became pregnant. I have been blessed with an amazing child. He is smart, sweet and cuddly cute. I may have the worlds most smiley and giggly baby. There is nothing I wouldn't do for Max. Words cannot express my love for that little boy...
- I have an amazing core group of friends and family. I grew up in a "what I would call normal" family that had a unique dynamic. I would say for the most part I grew up in a single parent household. My Mom worked her tail off to make sure we (my 3 brothers and sisters and I) were all taken care of. We never went without. I will neglect to mention my biological Father as I have worked on myself for some time to forgive him and move on with my life. My Mom married a terrific man when I was an adult. He really fills my void for a "Father". I wish I was more connected to him; but he is present and stable and I really appreciate the constant. My Mom and I have never really seen eye to eye but we love and respect each other. My sisters are some of my best friends. I have one brother Will and we were very close growing up since we are next to each other in birth order however over the years we have grown apart. I do hope someday we can reconnect in a real sense. I am grateful for what I have and know I am truly lucky.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
A little background about me and why I wanted to start this blog: