Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 1 of the rest of my "blog" life...

A little background about me and why I wanted to start this blog:
  • I am a proud wife and Mother to an amazing 16 month old boy, named Max.
  • I work full-time in the Human Services field; my "title" is Job Development Team Leader.  Fancy title but what I do is assist people of varying abilities attain and retain employment, I also lead a team of 6 Employment Consultants.  I LOVE my job!  Really, I do...I know you often hear people say that, but I cannot rave enough.  I have found a career that fulfills me emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially. My job also gives me enough flexibility to be a full-time working Mom. 
  • I have everything I could ever have asked for...which brings me to why I named this blog "The Grass is Greener".  I truly feel like I live the dream.  Prior to meeting my Husband, Chris I dated a guy who will remain nameless who did not satisfy me in any way.  I stayed in that relationship because I was comfortable, after all we were together since High School.  I thought I knew what security and safety was...I thought I was happy, that he was "good" enough for me.  We separated in February of 2003; I did a lot, A LOT of soul searching but out of nowhere I stumbled upon my Husband.  I was done "looking" for Mr. Right, content being single, working my butt off and living alone.  I got to the point where I just didn't care to look...well at least for awhile.  The love, commitment ,loyalty and understanding that we share together is one out of a book.  He truly is my everything, perfect for me in so many ways.  We are polar opposites, but we fit; we really fit.  I hope he stumbles upon this some day to see how I feel because I know I do not tell him enough.  My last relationship pretty much soured me towards affection to the point where I am numb at times.  Chris has opened me up just enough and I hope over time I continue to open up and let loose a little; I have no doubt I will.  Every day I am more comfortable in my own skin...
  • My 16 month old baby boy Max is my entire world.  I did not know what true, unconditional love was until the day I became pregnant.  I have been blessed with an amazing child.  He is smart, sweet and cuddly cute.  I may have the worlds most smiley and giggly baby.  There is nothing I wouldn't do for Max.  Words cannot express my love for that little boy...
  • I have an amazing core group of friends and family.  I grew up in a "what I would call normal" family that had a unique dynamic.  I would say for the most part I grew up in a single parent household.  My Mom worked her tail off to make sure we (my 3 brothers and sisters and I) were all taken care of.  We never went without.  I will neglect to mention my biological Father as I have worked on myself for some time to forgive him and move on with my life.  My Mom married a terrific man when I was an adult.  He really fills my void for a "Father".  I wish I was more connected to him; but he is present  and stable and I really appreciate the constant.  My Mom and I have never really seen eye to eye but we love and respect each other.  My sisters are some of my best friends.  I have one brother Will and we were very close growing up since we are next to each other in birth order however over the years we have grown apart.  I do hope someday we can reconnect in a real sense.  I am grateful for what I have and know I am truly lucky.
...enough about me for today.  I envision this blog to be a spot for family activities, ideas, recipes...at the very least a place to collect my thoughts and let loose at the end of a long, but very worthwhile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment