Sunday, February 6, 2011

Well, here's to nothing...

This, really is my first "blog:.  I started this in hopes to actually post daily...but I have lacked.  Up until now I did not have a clear thought process.  I think I do now.

My brother, my only brother deleted me from Facebook.  Why is this relevant...because I cannot wrap my head around why I am so hurt by this.  After all, what did I do.  He recently broke up with my sister-in-law and I have not spoke to him since.  It is not like I am mad at him, it is just that I really want to stay out of it as much as possible.  My sister-in-law vents to me and I am okay with this...maybe I use the rationale of "I am needed"...she needs me, he doesn't.  To keep a long, long story short...we have not spoke for weeks.  We really have not had a real relationship anyway...but we at least spoke.  He would call me often for rides, where we would talk about sports mostly...I enjoyed that.  I knew that the only reason we talked was because I was convenient...but I did not care, I enjoyed the talks.

So, in spite of my sour attitude, or depressed state I am making Pumpkin Bread.  After Halloween I cooked our small pumpkins and made puree...I ended up with over 12 cups of puree.  Today, I use up my supply of puree.

Here is the recipe:

2 C. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 C. pumpkin
3 1/2 C flour, I use whole wheat, which makes it closer to 2 C.
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. each: cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 C. water

  • In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
  • Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
I will post pics when I am done...



YUM!

Also...today is Super Bowl Sunday...I am a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan, they are playing in my stadium and I cannot root for either team.  Ah, the halftime show should be a blast though...GO BLACK EYES PEAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment